Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2011

'US Protest Likened to Egypt Uprising'


Professor of Middle East History Heidi Morrison says the heavily-censored protests in Madison against the new legislation resemble the recent uprising in Egypt, Middle East Online reported on Monday.

Protests against a bill, which takes away union members' bargaining power against state and local governments over wages and benefits, have entered their third week as protesters have vowed to occupy the state capital until their demands are met.

The protest is an effort against Republican Governor Scott Walker's latest measures to reduce employee pay and undermine unions in the state.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ Hosni Walker.

    Well, personally, I have never found any of these so called Unions helpful to me, so I am not a fan of them, I am afraid. Useless to me. Also, my hard earned money contributions were going to a political party that I do not support at all. I do not agree with that. In fact, I want a refund from UNISON, or maybe my Union representative was just crap, who knows. Some under the table dealings going on there.

    However, people who wish to join a Union, should be able to do so, in my opinion. Taking away people's rights to join a Union is like taking away their human rights or something to that effect.

    Anyway, I think the money generated from Unions should go towards ALL political parties, or the employee's party of choice in the UK, and not necessarily all to Labour. I am not a Labour supporter. In fact, I think the last time I voted for them was over 10 years ago, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

    That's just MY opinion anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.