Pages

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

US Soldier Ordered to Leave Children Behind


A US soldier who tried to help injured Iraqi civilians after a US apache strike says his superior ordered him not to tend to the injured children on the scene.

Ethan McCord, a US infantry soldier, was one of the six troopers who were dispatched to the scene after the apache helicopters killed a dozen people, including two Reuters staff, in Baghdad.

"When I came on the scene I saw the bodies, I could hear a child crying, so the crying was coming from the van so I immediately went up to the van and when I looked inside I saw a girl who's about three years of age, she had a belly wound, and glass in her eyes and in her hair," McCord told Press TV in an exclusive interview on Sunday.

"The team leader who was standing there told me I needed to stop worrying about these motherf$@%ing kids," said McCord, a father of two.'

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.