Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Reader's Digest is Big Pharma Shill

More than half of America now takes nutritional supplements. Here's some of what the vitamin-taking public had to say to Reader's Digest about their anti-vitamin scaremongering:

"The more your readers digest the lies presented in "5 Vitamin Truths and Lies", the sicker they will become. But no need to fear because your sponsors, the pharmaceutical companies, provide the remedy: drugs and lots of them, which are readily available within the pages of your magazine. Seems to me a good return on their investment."

"I'm very disappointed to find out that a reputable publication such as yours would put out such a slanted and biased article about nutritional supplements. I grew up reading Reader's Digest, and used to enjoy it tremendously before it was apparently taken over by pharmaceutical ads. Then, the articles were pure and touched the heart. Now, it seems that they are biased and are only written to support Big Pharma".'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. I thought that the Reader's Digest had gone out of business.

    Anyway, I realise that people who are ill need medication for their ailments, however, what I don't understand is the fact that a lot of the time there seems to be this information going round that vitamins or natural remedies are bad.

    I always had vitamins and fortified drinks etc from when I was a child and I have never been ill, neither have any of my other 3 siblings, apart from when I nearly broke my back after a bad fall in the snow a few years ago.

    Healthy eating of fresh organic type foods, that are not laced with harmful cancer-causing chemicals cannot be bad for you.

    Besides, a lot of drugs, taken long-term have bad side effects. I have personally seen these effects on some people that I know.

    I was talking to an 89 year old man, I met on my travels about 2 weeks ago. I asked him what was his secret to living so long, he told me, he gave up drinking excessively (just has the odd glass of wine every now and then), he gave up cigarettes (he used to smoke about 50 a day), and he told me that he nearly died, he collapsed at home a few months before due to the Doctors giving him a wrong combination of drugs for an ailment he had had. He said soon after taking them he started feeling dizzy, collapsed for a while, when he woke up he started shouting for help, his neighbours heard and came rushing to help him.

    He told me he avoids drugs if he can. That is an 89 year old man giving his wisdom, and he's not wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.