Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hear, O Israel!!

Hear, Hear O Israel!

You have massacred infants and blamed their parents for itsaying that they used them as shields. I can think of nothing,nothing more disgraceful.Only in the space of a generation, in the name of that suffering,you have caused suffering to others: you have hermetically sealed themin a territory, and you started to slaughter them with the most sophisticatedof arms, indestructible armoured tanks, state-of-the-art helicoptersbrightening the night-time sky as if it were day, to strike them more efficiently.But 668 dead Palestinians and 4 dead Israelis is not a victory, it’s just a defeat for you and for humanity as a whole.

Hear, O Israel!

I do not repudiate my history, or that of my family, which hadundergone the Shoah. But I repudiate you, the Israeli State, because youbelieved that to make the credit of the Shoah mature, you wouldbe allowed to rid yourself of the Palestinian people and occupy their land.But that is not the way things operate, life does not work that way. The people of Israelhave to live their own lives and not live by means of the deaths of others.

Hear, O Israel!

I do not repudiate my history, or that of my family, which hadundergone the Shoah, but today I am Palestinian. I am on the sideof the Palestinian people and their heroic resistance. I am with theheroic resistance of the Palestinian women who kept on giving birthto little Palestinian girls and boys in the refugee camps, in the villagesfrom which you had uprooted their olive trees, stolen their land. I am with the thousandsof Palestinians jailed in your prisons for having only resistedyour annexation plans.

Hear, O Israel!

There will be no Israel without Palestine, but there could be Palestine without Israel, because your credit, by now completely dried upby your mad and suicidal policies, was not towards the Palestinianpeople who never raised a finger against you, but it was towards the peopleof Germany, Italy, Poland, France, Hungaryand Europe in general; and they are to be blamed for their inaction.Hear, O Israel, hear these names: Deir Yassin, Tel al-Zaatar,Sabra and Chatila, Gaza. They are some names, names writtenin the annals of history, thatwill be voiced every single time one sees the name: Israel.

Uruknet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.