Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Horse Meat Goes on the Menu with Sale to Humans Allowed in Western Australia


HORSE is now OK to eat in Australia and we may even learn to like it, say leading foodies.
Perth butcher Vince Gareffa, known as the Prince of Flesh, has led the charge by getting special permission from the West Australian government to supply the gamey meat to the public.

Mr Gareffa, who also supplies chefs across the country, opened his Perth shop yesterday with fresh horse meat for sale.

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, eating horse, no way.

    Many years ago, when people used to tell me they ate duck and liked it, I used to feel so angry at them. How could you eat that poor duck?

    This is how I feel about horse, but worse. I have eaten duck on a handful of occasions, but I don't think I could evr eat horse.

    Many years ago, when we went to Brussels in the school council, we used to eat out and one kebab shop owner told us he was serving horse. I never even bought chips there after that.

    Maybe it's all in the mind, but no horse meat for me. I like meat, but not that much to eat horse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.