Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Green Home Makeover Will Cost Up to £15,000, Says Climate Watchdog Chief

The head of Britain's climate change watchdog predicted today that households will need to spend up to £15,000 on a full energy efficiency makeover if the government is to meet its ambitious targets for cutting carbon emissions.

Warning that Britain needs to step up its efforts to reduce greenhouse gases after picking all the "low-hanging fruit", Adair Turner said radical steps would be needed for electricity generation, cars and homes.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Britons! I have just spent $70,000 just to make my tiny house energy efficient here in Canada. And I'm not even finished...

    If you'd care to have a look, I'm documenting the process at www.my-green-home-project.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.