Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Question Of Identity

In these tormented times, everything I relied on is collapsing – systems, family, gains, achievements, moral values, beliefs, etc. – and nothing is left to hold on to. The very pillars of society are crumbling a bit more every day, as one truth after another are being unveiled. And it hurts! Do I suffer because I finally know the truth? No, I am simply losing my illusions. I believed in a system of justice for all, universal health care, a protective government, compassionate bankers, and industries that worried about the well-being of employees and customers. I even had faith in a merciful God!

I am disenchanted, like a young child who discovers that Santa Claus does not exist. She finds out that the beautiful story that filled her childhood with magic is a mere lie. Her parents betrayed her. These were the people that she loved and respected the most; she trusted them blindly. Like this child, I now realize that the authorities I relied on manipulate, deceive and cheat. I cannot believe in them anymore. The love story is over.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.