Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

It's New Year's Day... and Easter Eggs Appear on the Shelves at Tesco



The turkey leftovers are barely finished and the Christmas trees will still be twinkling for a few days more.
So you probably hadn't realised that it's time to start thinking about Easter eggs.
Although Easter Sunday does not fall until April 4, Tesco stores are already stocking a range of chocolate goods including eggs, bunnies and chicks.'

Read more...

Simple answer,don't buy them, if they were taking up shelf space and not selling they wopuld soon get the idea - but of course the brain dead british consumer will buy them anyway.... Baaaaa

2 comments:

  1. They just popped up from nowhere and what a miracle to behold for children,
    just in time too.
    Ahhh!!, l love la la land.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unsurprising, I realised a little while ago that that company is all about making money. My friend bought something, buy one, get one free in there and it turns out the product was actually more like buy one, get one half price as we saw it much cheaper elsewhere.

    Besides, I hardly shop there these days seeing as they throw perfectly good food away (pastries etc) and they wouldn't even dream of giving those things to a homeless charity because they don't want to get sued if someone gets food poisoning and so on. The day I found that out, I stopped actively shopping there. On one occasion when I got home late from work, I wanted to buy some crusty rolls for some soup, but they had taken them off the shelves and put them in cellophane bags destined for the skip, they refused to let me buy them, and I asked where they were going, I was told they were going in the skip. So, there you have it.

    You would think that a large company like this would be able to give back to the community. However, it's all about making money for them and suffocating the smaller businesses as far as I see. Greedy.

    Easter eggs on new year's day = greedy for money.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.