Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

British Troops In 'Mock Execution' Claim

An Iraqi boy who was beaten up at the age of 12 by British soldiers was subjected to a mock execution, it is claimed in disturbing abuse allegations facing the UK Government.

In a case being prepared for the High Court, lawyers for Bariq Abdul-Razzaq claim he was among a group of youths caught up in a demonstration in Basra who were dragged into a British Army compound and then kicked and punched for up to an hour.

After the beating, Bariq says he was handcuffed and forced to kneel facing a wall. "I felt I was going to be executed ... I was thinking about my family and I asked a soldier next to me if I could borrow his phone so I could tell my family I was going to die."

But instead, he says, one of the soldiers pulled out a knife and brought it across his neck in a cutting motion."I instantly froze thinking my neck was going to be cut and I would die," says Bariq in his witness statement. "The soldier was laughing at me."



Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.