Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

What's in Fast Food? What's in the Non-Chicken Half of the McNugget

Do you put dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent made of silicone, in your chicken dishes? How about tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a chemical preservative so deadly just five grams can kill you?

These are just two of the ingredients in a McDonald's Chicken McNugget. Only 50 percent of a McNugget is actually chicken. The other half includes corn derivatives, sugars, leavening agents and completely synthetic ingredients.

There's no doubt processed food like that from McDonald's is not part of a healthful diet, and I'm grateful I've never had a chicken McNugget. But many Americans cannot say the same.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I do not eat McDonald's. I may have their apple pies and mcflurry a handful of times in the year, but I tend to cook and make my own food. Fast food is mainly for the lazy days, you know, the days when you are too tired to cook. If I am eating fast food, it has to be very ckose to home cooked food or sandwiches from Pret a manger or Marks and Spencer.

    When we were younger McDonald's and Kentucky Fried chicken would be where we went on birthdays. Used to be so exciting. As an adult, if I indulge in McDonald's I get really bad spots with pus and whiteheads on my face. KFC is full of MSG, so I stopped buying that. Also, McDonald's and KFC drinks are full of artificial sweeteners, so that is just a no go area for me.

    When I was a student, I used to buy the happy meal every week and put the toys on my table, gave the toys away to my cousin's baby, years ago.

    Personally, I prefer natural foods, and all these chemicals just make me ill. I like prawn chow mein for example, but full of MSG, which gives me joint pain. I must say MSG does make the food taste better, but that stuff is lethal. Gives me joint pain and so does aspartame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.