Sunday, December 12, 2010
Mercury is a known toxin and many experts concern that vapors released from the mercury fillings would increase the risk of developing brain and kidney damage especially in children and the fetus of pregnant women.
On Friday, FDA agreed to review its last year's ruling on mercury-containing dental fillings that indicated amalgams are harmless for dental patients.
Many US experts including dental and medical professionals, lead by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), have provoked new challenges to FDA's last ruling, asking the administration to ban or increase the regulation on dental amalgams.'
Posted by DotConnector at 08:01