Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Wannabe Experts Claim Healthy Eating is a Mental Disorder


Do you avoid foods that contain artificial colors and sweeteners, and stick to whole, unprocessed foods instead? If so, you just might have orthorexia, an imaginary "disease" created in 1997 by Dr. Steven Bratman that appears to be gaining more attention in recent days. According to a recent report in Yahoo! News, restricting one's diet to healthy, pure foods is a compulsive disorder that requires cognitive behavior therapy in order to cure.

Written about in so-called respected health journals like the Journal of the American Medical Association and Psychology Today, "orthorexia nervosa," which means "nervous about correct eating" in Latin, allegedly causes malnourishment, anxiety, and social disorders. Its creators claim it stems from a type of obsessive compulsive disorder, and that it can lead to anorexia.'

Read more...

2 comments:

  1. What kind of quack doctor is he?

    I suppose eating chemicals that will poison and kill you doesn't call for your head to be checked?

    I would like to see "Dr". Steven Bratman's menu and food consumption....People who often ask people to eat chemicals never ever eat these things themselves. They don't mind killing people as long as their pockets remain full of the cash that they have been bribed with.

    Wicked soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rubbish and I disagree.

    I suppose we should just hang our mouths open while we are fed GM foods laced with radiation, aspartame and other mind numbing chemicals.

    I suppose it is now a sin to want to take care of yourself and eat healthy, all these dictators we have around us.

    I eat healthy and I am far from anorexic because I love my food, however, I don't love to eat chemicals, no matter how tasty, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.