Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ex-UK Ministers Reject Blair Claims

Two former British ministers have dismissed their former superior's claim that the full cabinet, at the time, were aware of the decision to attack Iraq, said the media reports.

Lord Wilson and Lord Turnball both rejected former Prime Minister Tony Blair's claim that cabinet ministers “knew the score” and had been informed that he had agreed with the then US president George W. Bush to invade Iraq soon after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, British media reported.

The two former heads of the civil service told the Chilcot Inquiry into the Iraq War that Tony Blair took the UK to the war in Iraq without the approval of his cabinet.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.