Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Together On The Path Of Creation By Jim Porter


Notice how the dodgems are following the same path. Is this the conscious decision of each driver?
While this fairground attraction is being readied, the cars are placed facing the same way. Obviously this is done deliberately so that all the drivers will set off in the same direction, maintaining a flow. The owner of these dodgems does not want any complications, so he lines up the cars in the knowledge that the drivers will follow the assumed pattern laid out for them - namely to circumnavigate the track, and always in the same direction. In fact, the owner will often admonish anyone who goes against the flow, though he would be powerless to stop all the drivers if they chose to take an alternate route. Unless of course he turns off the power - then it would be Game Over and he would be out of business.
I experimented. To flow without deviating was simply too dull. I had to deviate to learn something new. I attempted to weave in and out of the flow without touching a single car. Tricky, but rewarding when it came off.
Crashing only worked for me if I had some affinity with the opposing driver. If someone I didn't know crashed into me, it was an 'attack'.
Sometimes I deliberately went against the flow. This meant having a constant stream of cars coming at me - I couldn't avoid them for long, so I had to get back with the flow again , or crash endlessly.
So much for my experience on the dodgems. What are the parallels?
We as a human race follow the same Path of Creation. This is our Collective Illusion. There is only one Path of Creation - or Timeline - and though the Path can be manipulated* in a certain direction, we are free to choose in which direction it goes (hardly anyone realises this because we are uninformed). However, an individual cannot choose; the choice must be made by a critical mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.