Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

'Theft by Finding': Woman Who Took Potato Waffles and Pies Thrown Out by Tesco is Handcuffed and Charged with Stealing


A woman was handcuffed and 'treated like a hardened criminal' after she helped herself to food worth £200 that had been thrown away by a Tesco store following a power cut.

Dozens of people could not believe their luck after the outlet of the supermarket giant bagged up thousands of pounds of spoiled stock and left it out in the street.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....

    This is one of the main reasons why I stopped doing any major shopping in Tesco. I remember on a few occasions, years ago, I would come back home late at night and run itno Tesco for a few crusty rolls to have with my soup and they have all the pastries, croissants, bread etc in a see through bag ready to be thrown out. I said to a member of staff that I wanted to buy a few rolls, they said no you can't because we already put them in the bag. I said you haven't thrown them out yet and I want to buy some. They insisted no, sorry we cannot sell them to you. They ended up in the skip at the back of the building.

    If that isn't wickedness, throwing away perfectly good and edible food in the bin, I don't know what is.

    Also, people rummaging through bins, to me that is a sign that they are hard up and poor and have no food to eat.

    Shocking that this even has to happen in UK. Some people earn £20 million pound bonuses and others rummage through bins because they are hungry and have no food to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.