Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

McDonald's and PepsiCo to Help Write UK Health Policy


The Department of Health is putting the fast food companies McDonald's and KFC and processed food and drink manufacturers such as PepsiCo, Kellogg's, Unilever, Mars and Diageo at the heart of writing government policy on obesity, alcohol and diet-related disease, the Guardian has learned.

In an overhaul of public health, said by campaign groups to be the equivalent of handing smoking policy over to the tobacco industry, health secretary Andrew Lansley has set up five "responsibility deal" networks with business, co-chaired by ministers, to come up with policies. Some of these are expected to be used in the public health white paper due in the next month.'

Read more...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I couldn't post my last comment because this site re-directed to webring before I could fill out the captcha. That is so annoying.

    What is that all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, that uis like putting a terrorist in charge of safety and security of a country.

    Of all the healthy companies out there who can help to right this so called policy.

    Actually, I don't alawys eat healthy, however, I don't eat Mcdonald's, but I wouldn't put a predominantly junk food company in charge of writing my dietary plan, for example.

    Another bad move.

    I think the Government should employ me as their full-time critic. Now, that is a job that I would really enjoy doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.