Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Study Shows Vaccines Cause Brain Changes Found in Autism


Abnormal brain growth and function are features of autism, an increasingly common developmental disorder that now affects 1 in 60 boys in the US. Now researchers from the University of Pittsburgh and Thoughtful House Center for Children in Austin, Texas, have found remarkably similar brain changes to those seen in autism in infant monkeys receiving the vaccine schedule used in the 1990’s that contained the mercury-based preservative thimerosal.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Not really shocking, but bad news nonetheless. 1 in 60 boys sounds very high to me.

    When I was growing up, the only mention I had heard about autism was in the film Rain man. Fast forward to when I became an adult and I actually know people with autistic children, one personally. It's heartbreaking to see the children who need constant care and attention as well. When I worked as a Student Ambassador at my University I used to meet a few autistic children in the schools as well. A lot of work goes into taking care of them, it can be tiring.

    It's becoming more and more common nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.