Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

IDF Did Use Violence on Gaza Relief Boat

The Israeli Defence Force says that there was no resistance and no violence in the boarding of The Jewish Boat To Gaza (Report, 29 September). In fact, when boarded, we cut the engines and I held the wheel with all my strength. With one commando standing by with an electric Taser, two others removed me (I am 66) and threw me hard to the floor. I grabbed the ignition keys, but they wrenched them from me. They violently shoved aside those sitting over the switches and started the engines. On the port side, commandos singled out Yonatan and Itamar Shapira, our two refuseniks. Itamar was violently dragged backwards across the safety wires to their boat and restrained dangerously by a commando who pushed his fingers deep into Itamar's jugular artery. Yonatan was hugging Rami Elhanan, our Bereaved Families passenger. The commander fired his Taser twice into Yonatan's shoulder, then with deliberation moved Yonatan's lifejacket aside, placed his Taser directly over Yonatan's heart and fired. Yonatan's whole body went into spasm, he let out a fearful scream, crashed across the cockpit and was dragged backwards over the safety wires to the commandos' boat.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.