Sunday, May 29, 2011

US Rejects Libya Ceasefire, Vows War Will Continue

Libyan officials have directed phone calls to a number of NATO member nations urging a ceasefire in a ongoing NATO war. The call was immediately spurned by the US, who said the offer was “not credible” and vowed the war would continue.

White House deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said the US was absolutely opposed to the ceasefire because the Gadhafi-led government is “not complying with UN demands.” It is so far unclear if other NATO member nations may be more open to the idea.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.