Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Shockingly Tragic Loss of Paul Vigay

by Colin Andrews

'Friday morning I was expecting to hear from Paul after exchanging a number of e-mails during the week about the 1989 Cheesefoot Head sound analysis he did for me. I was looking out for his anticipated message when I received an e-mail from Kerry McKenna with Paul's name in the subject line. Instead of the reply I was expecting from Paul it was the shocking news that his body had been washed up in the English Channel at Southsea, near where he lived.

Like many of my research colleagues and friends I am deeply shocked and upset at this terrible loss.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. I first met Paul when I went to visit documentary-maker/authors Dr Jon and Rachel Sherwood in Wilcott(near Avebury)Wiltshire in 2002 to see the crop circles.
    Dr Jon like Paul was a genius in various fields of science and technology,but was still new to the local crop circle community and tended to lay low on what he knew.
    The crop circle researchers back then were a cliquey bunch,who could be clandestine and possessive with new facts,locations of new crop patterns etc. and many did not have time for a newcomer to the area,but Paul Vigay did.
    He became Dr Jon's friend from the onset,as he was down to earth and happy to share his passion about crop circles,data,etc.
    I liked him from the moment I met him .
    Paul was a very close friend to fellow-researcher/writer Freddy Silva,whom I imagine must be crushed.
    How many people know he was a brilliant sleuth and was the first to uncover the MI6 link to Princess Diana's murder.
    For that he had his identity wiped out by MI6 and had to fight to get it back.Unfortunately that action instilled a fear in him of unravelling conspiracy theories after that,which Dr Jon tried to help him erase.
    Still he obviously uplifted us all for his passion in the fields.
    As Dr Jon passed away late last year too there must be some amazing crop circle research work being done now on the 'Other Side'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.