Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Tasers Are An Outrage We Must Resist

Daniel Sylvester can't forget the night the police fired 50,000 volts of electricity into his skull. The 46-year-old grandfather owns his own security business, and he was recently walking down the street when a police van screeched up to him.

He didn't know what they wanted, but obeyed when they told him to approach slowly. "I then had this incredible jolt of pain on the back of my head," he explains. The electricity made him spasm; as he fell to the ground, he felt his teeth scatter on the tarmac and his bowels open.

"Then they shot me again in the head. I can't describe the pain." (Another victim says it is "like someone reached into my body to rip my muscles apart with a fork.")

The police then saw he was not the person they were looking for, said he was free to go, and drove off.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.