Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Music Industry on Verge of Total Collapse

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke is warning the music industry is on the brink of collapse, insisting young musicians should resist signing record deals because the major labels will "completely fold" within months.

The British rockers broke away from their longtime label, EMI, in 2007 and went on to embrace the new digital era with the release their seventh album, In Rainbows, which they offered up over the internet and allowed fans to choose the price.

Yorke has now issued a warning to upcoming artists, urging them not to sign traditional record deals because they would be tying themselves to "the sinking ship".'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I read about that in Evening Standard. I think he may be right. After all, the music that they bring out these days is pure rubbish.

    I used to buy a CD from all the record shops at least 1-5 every week. I haven't bought a new CD in years, by the way, I am not an illegal downloader either because I believe artistes should get paid for their talents. However, pure rubbish on the airwaves nowadays. My radio and TV (don't even have one) are permanently off.

    Also, considering all you see is Satanism in music these days, quite unsurprising.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.