Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Seatbelt Mentality

Apparently, most Americans have it. Most Americans ought to wear their seatbelts because A), they're willing to be told what to do by their employees and B), they don't know how to drive. Of course, if I'm a passenger and the driver makes me nervous, I'll buckle up to protect myself. But that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is you need to learn how to drive safely and defensively, and cops using "safety" as an excuse to arrest you.

I just got my second seatbelt ticket in a couple of weeks. I'll fight it in court and will probably win using court rules and technicalities, or maybe because the cop won't show for a seatbelt ticket. But then, this cop was pretty lame, so he might show up. I win virtually all my court fights here in California, using their own rules of conduct, which they hate to have to obey. If we all did that, the whole traffic ticket revenue scam would dry up because it wouldn't be profitable.

The traffic ticket scam, when there's no property damage or injury and no victim, is a form of extortion, and the California Highway Patrol is in the business of extortion. These guys are a combination of terrorists and tax collectors, cruising around in hot rods with paint schemes psychologically designed to cause fear, scheming on ways to cheat you out of your cash.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.