Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Internet Licence Fee: Viewers Who Watch TV on Computer Could be Charged From Next Year


Viewers who watch television on their computer could be forced to pay the licence fee as early as next year.

Those who do not own a TV but watch programmes on services such as the BBC's iPlayer do not have to pay the £145.50 annual charge.

But Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt yesterday hinted that this exemption could be stopped.

The Tory MP revealed that he plans to discuss the issue with BBC Director General Mark Thompson when the corporation's funding levels come up for review next year.'

Read more...

1 comment:

  1. Look at this desperation to make money.

    So many bad decisions and bad financial judgements. The way they see it is, well the people will pay.

    If these people could find a way of squeezing money out of a stone they would do it.

    Personally, I haven't watched TV in nearly a year now and I seriously think they should scrap the TV licence fee. I think the BBC should put adverts on TV like everybody else and make their money that way.

    Besides, I think the people at the top of the pyramid or food chain, whatever you want to call it are just overpaid for what they do. You can do the same job for less without making the little people live hand to mouth.

    I get letters from Sky and Virgin media and they all go straight into the recycling bin. I refuse to watch TV until the TV licence is scrapped.

    In fact, most of the things I used to enjoy I don't anymore. UK is just a depressing place, I could never live in America. I'm thinking of moving from here as I'm getting sick and tired of the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.